Updated as of July, 2020
Table of Contents
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 Overview of Loyverse POS
- 4 In a hurry and don't have time to read reviews?
- 5 Pricing
- 6 Loyverse POS System – Promo Video
- 7 Key Features
- 8 Cloud-Based or Locally Installed?
- 9 Reporting Features
- 10 Industries Served & Business Size
- 11 Ease of Use
- 12 Hardware Requirements
- 13 Integrations & Add-ons
- 14 Compatible Credit Card Companies
- 15 Customer Service and Support
- 16 Our Verdict
If you’re searching for a Loyverse POS review that takes an in-depth look at this unique platform, you’ve come to the right place. With plenty of options available on the POS market, it’s more important than ever to choose the right provider. Is this free point of sale system suitable for your restaurant? Let’s find out!
- Point of sale system is entirely free
- Manage multiple locations from one account
- Easy to set up and build menus
- Excellent restaurant tools, including kitchen display
- Good customer support team
- Operates on iOS and Android
- Add-ons available for an affordable price
- Multiple credit card processors
- Very basic
- Not ideal for large restaurants
- No integrations possible
Overview of Loyverse POS
While Loyverse doesn’t offer much information about its management team or ownership group, this platform has been expanding rapidly in the past few years. Its point of sale solutions is now available in over 200 countries. While Loyverse can be used for a variety of different industries, my Loyverse POS review will primarily focus on its features that help restaurant owners.
What sets Loyverse apart from the pack is its price – the platform is entirely free. While you can upgrade specific components for an additional cost, there aren’t any catches that come with Loyverse. You’re able to obtain a basic POS system that works on touch screen hardware without having to pay a penny for the software – you can even bring your device.
This is a great example of a POS system to use if you’re looking for something to manage staff, track inventory, process multiple transactions, take tableside orders, and more. If you’re looking for something powerful, it may leave a bit to be desired. But for those who want a free, simple platform that covers the necessities, Loyverse POS is a good option.
Let’s delve into the details of this POS solution and how it compares to other POS systems.
POS pricing is one of the best advantages of Loyverse POS – its platform is completely free. Unlike most point of sale platforms, you won’t have to shell out substantial monthly subscription fees to take advantage of this point of sale software. If you need to get your business up and running, but you don’t have the money to invest in your POS, Loyverse POS is certainly one of your best options.
If you’re looking for a completely free POS platform, you can access the following Loyverse products without having to pay a penny:
- Loyverse POS – a general point of sale platform from Loyverse
- Loyverse Dashboard – dashboard for your inventory and analytics
- Loyverse KDS (Kitchen Display) – provide your kitchen staff direct access to orders
- Loyverse CDS (Customer Display) – show your pricing info to your customers on a display
If you want to add some additional features to your point of sale, there are some upgraded packages available. Keep in mind — you don’t need these features to operate your Loyverse POS system. Below are the prices for the two add-ons available.
- Employee Management – $5 Monthly / $50 Annually
- Advanced Inventory – $25 Monthly / $250 Annually
I think you’ll find a lot of value in Loyverse POS when you consider the pricing. There aren’t many free platforms that offer the benefits inside of this POS system. The add-ons are also extremely affordable if you’re looking to upgrade from the free version of the software.
Loyverse POS System – Promo Video
Despite being accessible for free, Loyverse POS has plenty to offer. Let’s take an in-depth look at the key features available on this platform.
- Access to a comprehensive point of sale platform that allows quick digital transactions – certainly an upgrade if you’re using archaic POS techniques
- Compatibility with multiple credit card processing platforms
- Provide your customers with discounts and promotional offers
- Manage various locations using just one POS account or management login
- Connect different types of hardware, such as printers and cash drawers
- If your internet cuts out, offline mode allows your system to continue functioning
- Print and manage receipts
- Manage your cash and ensure that your current cash drawer total is in line with your daily sales
- Import external inventory and menu items to better manage your initial setup process (may cost extra)
- In-depth tracking of inventory to prevent food shortages and other problematic issues (may cost extra)
- Create employee accounts to manage independent sales and workloads, as well as a range of other employee-specific features (may cost extra)
- Manage reporting data to view your sales figures and information — this can help you track performance and improve efficiency
- Create a loyalty program that rewards repeat customers and help you build brand loyalty — you can also access marketing features on this platform
- Manage dine-in and takeaway orders from your central POS platform
- Display or print kitchen orders — you can also display menu item pricing to customers
Cloud-Based or Locally Installed?
Loyverse POS might be free, but this doesn’t mean you won’t benefit from the same hybrid model you find with other modern POS platforms. While this POS system is billed as cloud-based, you still have the software installed and operating on a hardware system. You can access all reporting information and data externally because of the cloud-based storage system. So you get many of the benefits of a mPOS (mobile POS) system.
This is great for those who want to be able to access their restaurant’s data when they’re on-the-go. It also means you won’t have to worry about losing valuable information if your hardware is damaged, lost, or stolen!
While Loyverse’s reporting features are relatively limited in comparison to industry leaders, you can still tap into your sales data and get a snapshot of your business’s performance. As you can imagine, this is a useful tool if you’ve never had access to reporting data in the past.
With Loyverse, you can track sales, trends, favorite items, taxes, and other data. You can also export reports to help you better manage your company’s reporting information. It also allows you to track individual employee performance.
Industries Served & Business Size
Unlike some of the POS systems in the restaurant niche, Loyverse POS isn’t built for a specific industry – this is a simple platform that can be used for a wide variety of different businesses. Whether you’re looking for a simple POS system for retail, hospitality, or any other traditional industry, this is a decent free option for a small business. On their website, they indicate their software is available for the following industries:
- Fashion Boutiques
- Small business
- Grocery Stores
- Liquore Stores
- Retail Stores
In terms of business size, I feel it’s essential to be realistic about Loyverse POS and what it has to offer. While I’m a big fan of what you’re able to attain for free with this service, it certainly has its limits. I recommend this mainly for small businesses – if you run a sophisticated restaurant, you need a bit more power, features, and integrations to make the most of your point of sale platform.
Ease of Use
This is an extremely easy-to-use platform. From the moment you sign up, Loyverse is a pretty effortless system to set up. You can sign up for an account, download the app, and begin building menus in no time. It’s an excellent platform if you’re looking for something basic and easy to learn.
While the design itself isn’t as seamless as some of the major players in the POS game, it’s still a winner in my book. For a free service, this Loyverse POS system can make your life easier.
If you’re looking for a flexible POS system, Loyverse POS is a good option. You can use this point of sale system on iOS and Android devices – tablets and mobile phones work well with this POS system.
Loyverse’s hardware options give you plenty of price points to work with you. You can either invest in an iPad or opt to work with a cheaper Android tablet or mobile device.
Integrations & Add-ons
At present, you won’t find any integrations on offer with Loyverse, which is a drag. Hopefully, this is something that will change in the future – integrations are often able to bring tons of value to the point of sale platform.
Fortunately, there are a few add-ons that you can benefit from. We’ve taken a look at these already, but let’s overview them again to display how you can upgrade this system (remember, add-ons cost extra).
The two add-ons available at Loyverse POS are ’employee management’ and ‘advanced inventory.’ Employee management allows you to control employee accounts, timecards, and provide specific access for different staff members. ‘Advanced inventory’ provides you with the ability to manage your stock and evaluate your inventory, amongst other inventory-related benefits.
Compatible Credit Card Companies
Loyverse doesn’t restrict you to a single credit card processor. In my opinion, this is an essential feature – some point of sale platforms attach you to expensive credit card processing companies that result in extra costs for you as a business owner. If you don’t want integrated payment, then obviously you can use any merchant provider you want.
If you want integrated payments in the United States, you can choose between WorldPay and SumUp (iOS only) at reasonable rates. There are other options for international users, like iZettle on iOS only. While this isn’t an extensive list, at least you’re not tied to one.
Customer Service and Support
If you’re looking for a strong support team, you’ll find a decent customer care team at Loyverse. You can access its customer service team on email or live chat. Unfortunately, there’s not currently a phone support service available.
If you upgrade to the add-ons, there is 24/7 customer support available. This is a great feature that ensures you won’t be left in the dark if you run into a problem outside of regular business hours.
In terms of customer complaints, most issues are related to the limited capabilities of the platform. Also, sometimes Android updates come out later than iOS updates. Still, if you keep in mind that this is a basic platform, you won’t find these issues surprising – especially since it’s free.
If you want a free, basic POS system that has plenty of excellent features, Loyverse is definitely an excellent free option. Don’t get me wrong – this POS platform isn’t nearly as powerful as the industry leaders. Still, it provides you with the basic features you need to get your modern POS system up and running.
While the add-ons are affordable, it may be worth seeking a superior point of sale system if you’re planning on upgrading. I recommend this platform for small business owners who want to upgrade from a traditional POS platform. If you’re looking for a free way to access an iOS or Android POS service, this is undoubtedly one of your best options. Don’t think it’s the right solution for you? See our top restaurant POS picks here.
Image Credits: loyverse.com
Editor’s note: How’d we do on our Loyverse POS review? Do you have any questions, comments, or concerns? Your feedback is important to us. Please let us know in the comments below or contact us.