Welcome to our blog post on the top 5 commercial ovens for professional restaurant use. As culinary experts, we understand the importance of reliable and efficient ovens in commercial kitchens. In this guide, we will walk you through a carefully curated list of commercial ovens, highlighting their key features, benefits, and considerations.
Whether you are a chef, restaurant owner, or foodservice professional, our goal is to help you make an informed decision when selecting the right oven for your professional needs. So, let’s dive in and explore the top contenders in the world of commercial ovens!
1. Vulcan VC55E Convection Oven – Double Stack
The Vulcan VC55E Electric Convection Oven, Double Stack, 240V with Casters is a versatile and efficient solution for your commercial kitchen. With its solid state temperature controls, you can easily adjust the temperature from +150°F to +500°F to ensure precise cooking results. The 60-minute timer with audible alarm allows you to set the perfect cooking time. The stainless steel construction of the front, sides, and top ensures durability and easy cleaning. This double deck oven comes with (5) nickel plated oven racks with (11) rack positions per oven, providing ample space for your baking needs. The independently operated doors with double pane windows are removable for easy cleaning. The oven is also equipped with casters on 8″ stainless steel legs, making it easy to move and position as needed. With the Vulcan VC55E Electric Convection Oven, you can enjoy efficient cooking and consistent results.
- High voltage capability (240V), allowing for efficient and effective cooking
- Suitable for commercial use with a 3 phase power supply, ensuring a consistent and reliable power source
- Powerful 1/2 HP two-speed fan for even heat distribution and faster cooking times
- Casters provide easy mobility, making it convenient to move the oven as needed
- Includes five nickel-plated grab and go oven racks, providing ample space for cooking multiple items simultaneously
- Independently operated doors with double pane windows for better insulation and temperature control
- Limited temperature range
- Higher initial cost
2. Brand Commercial Convection Oven, Model COE1
Introducing the Commercial Convection Oven, a versatile and powerful addition to any restaurant, kitchen, or bakery. With its 240V single-phase power supply and 10,000-watt capacity, this oven delivers the heat necessary to cook, warm, or bake with precision. The single deck design and four sturdy legs provide stability and maximize space efficiency. Equipped with five chrome-plated racks featuring 11 positions, this oven offers remarkable flexibility to accommodate various cooking needs. The porcelain enamel coated interior ensures easy cleaning and maintenance, while the stainless steel construction guarantees durability and longevity. With its knob control type and dropdown door style, this oven offers user-friendly operation and easy access to your culinary creations. Trust in Cooler Depot, the reputable manufacturer behind this product, for exceptional quality and performance.
Efficient Convection Cooking
- High power output
- Compatible with 240V single phase electrical systems
- Sturdy construction with four legs for stability
- Limited capacity
- Requires electrical connection
3. Blodgett ZEPH-200-E DBL Convection Oven – Electric, Deep/Bakery Size
Introducing the Blodgett ZEPH-200-E DBL Convection Oven, a top-of-the-line appliance designed to meet the needs of professional bakers and chefs. With its double-deck design and bakery-depth capacity, this convection oven can accommodate up to five 18″ x 26″ pans per compartment. The oven features solid state infinite controls with a digital timer, allowing for precise temperature and cooking time adjustments. The two-speed fan ensures even heat distribution for consistent results. The stainless steel exterior and porcelain interior not only provide durability but also give the oven a sleek, professional look. Equipped with vent connectors, dependent glass doors, and interior lights, this oven offers convenience and visibility during the cooking process. In addition, the oven is ETL, CE, NSF, and ENERGY STAR certified, ensuring its reliability and efficiency. Elevate your baking game with the Blodgett ZEPH-200-E DBL Convection Oven.
- Double-deck configuration
- Bakery depth to accommodate (5) 18″ x 26″ pans per compartment
- Stainless steel front, sides, and top
- High voltage requirement (208v/60/3-ph)
- Limited capacity (5 pan capacity per compartment)
4. Kratos 29Y-049 Gas Convection Oven – Double Stack
Introducing the Kratos 29Y-049 Gas Convection Oven, Double Stack, 108,000 BTU, Natural Gas. Engineered with strength and efficiency in mind, this gas-powered convection oven is the ideal cooking solution for commercial establishments. Exclusively available at Central, it offers exceptional performance at a highly competitive price. The oven is ETL certified, meeting key standards for health and safety, providing peace of mind for your business. With a one-year warranty, you can trust in the quality and reliability of this oven. Featuring a dropdown door and easy-to-use knob control, this oven is designed for convenience and simplicity. Included with the oven is a sheet pan, ensuring you have everything you need for efficient cooking. Crafted with a durable and painted finish, this oven is built to last. Manufactured by Kratos, a trusted brand in the industry, you can rely on the quality and performance of this gas convection oven.
- High heat output
- Efficient cooking with convection technology
- Two ovens in one for increased cooking capacity
- Limited availability in some regions
- Higher initial cost compared to standard ovens
5. VEVOR Commercial Convection Oven, 66L/60Qt
With a spacious interior capacity of 60 Qt (66 L), the VEVOR Commercial Convection Oven is the perfect countertop baking solution for those who need to cook large quantities of food. The 4-tier interior measures 18.5″x15.4″x14.2″ (47x39x36 cm), providing ample space for multiple dishes to be baked simultaneously. This oven features a powerful 1800W heating element that ensures efficient cooking with its 360° hot air circulation. The temperature control knob allows for precise adjustment between 150-500℉, while the timer knob allows you to set the cooking time up to 120 minutes. The stainless-steel construction of the oven, combined with the dual-pane tempered glass door, provides excellent durability and insulation. Additionally, the oven comes with complete accessories, including 4 removable wire racks, 1 food tray, 1 bread clip, and 1 pair of gloves. Perfect for a variety of food types, from pizza and bread to cookies and chicken, this commercial convection oven is a reliable and efficient addition to any kitchen.
- Simple and easy to use
- Large capacity for baking multiple trays of cookies
- Sturdy metal construction
- Runs on 1600W, compatible with household outlets
- Quick delivery of the product
- Inaccurate temperature control
- Uneven cooking
Alternative Oven Options
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Commercial Oven
- Capacity and Size: The first thing we should assess is the oven’s capacity and size. We need to determine what volume of food we will be cooking and the space available in our commercial kitchen. Considering the oven’s interior size, racks, and compartments will help us determine whether it can accommodate our cooking needs efficiently. It is also important to consider any space limitations and ensure the oven can be properly installed in our kitchen
- Energy Efficiency: In today’s environmentally conscious world, it is essential to consider the energy efficiency of the commercial oven. Energy-efficient ovens consume less power, which can lead to significant cost savings in the long run. Look for ovens with energy-efficient features such as high insulation, programmable timers that prevent unnecessary energy consumption, and efficient airflow systems that promote even cooking
- Durability and Construction: Commercial ovens endure intensive use, so durability is crucial. We should opt for ovens made from high-quality materials that can withstand constant use and high temperatures. Stainless steel construction is a common choice as it is resistant to corrosion, easy to clean, and ensures longevity. Additionally, we may want to consider ovens with features like double-pane glass doors, which can help maintain consistent temperatures while reducing heat loss, ultimately improving energy efficiency
Pricing and Cost Analysis
- Low-end commercial ovens: These are typically basic models with limited features and functionalities. They are suitable for small businesses or those on a tight budget. The price range for low-end commercial ovens can vary between $1,000 and $3,000
- Mid-range commercial ovens: These ovens offer more advanced features and better build quality compared to low-end models. They are often regarded as the sweet spot between affordability and performance. Mid-range commercial ovens can range in price from $3,000 to $6,000
- High-end commercial ovens: These top-of-the-line ovens are designed for professional kitchens and offer the latest technology, precision control, and durability. They are capable of handling high volumes and demanding cooking processes. High-end commercial ovens typically start from $6,000 and can go up to $20,000 or more, depending on the brand and size
- Specialty commercial ovens: Specialty ovens, such as pizza ovens, rotisserie ovens, or combination steam ovens, cater to specific culinary needs. They are designed to excel in their respective cooking techniques and can come at premium prices. The price range for specialty commercial ovens can vary widely, starting from $2,000 and going up to $10,000 or more
- It’s important to note that the price range mentioned above is a general guideline and can vary based on factors such as brand reputation, size, additional features, and warranty coverage. To get specific pricing information, it is recommended to consult with a commercial oven supplier or check online retailers