- Industry-specific tools
- AI-Driven text to order
- Solid loyalty program
- Online ordering capabilities
- Digital marketing capable
- Pricing information is not publicly available
HungerRush POS Review
Table of Contents
- 1 HungerRush POS Review
- 2 Overview of HungerRush POS
- 3 Pros vs Cons
- 4 Pricing
- 5 Testimonials Video
- 6 Key Features
- 7 Data Reporting
- 8 Deployment Type
- 9 Industries Served
- 10 Ease of Use
- 11 Hardware
- 12 Integrations
- 13 Payment Processing
- 14 Customer Service
- 15 Our Verdict
Updated as of June, 2023
My HungerRush POS review will explore the critical elements of this increasingly popular restaurant management system. Does the software live up to its reputation? We’ll take a look at its pricing, core features, customer service, ease of use, and other essential components to help you determine if it’s right for your pizza shop, restaurant, or bar!
Overview of HungerRush POS
Revention POS is now HungerRush. The rebranding is a combination of CRS Solutions out of Dallas, Texas, and Revention in Houston, Texas (founded 2003). HungerRush is still Houston-based, and it’s now designed as a complete restaurant management system that caters to clients throughout the United States. This is a hospitality-focused system that offers a wide range of industry-specific features to different types of bars and restaurants including pizza shops, fast-casual, full-service, and quick service.
The company boasts an impressive client list, including Hungry Howies, Dairy Queen, Picklemans, Popeye’s Chicken, Tomato Heads, East Coast Pizza, and a host of other notable establishments.
HungerRush delivers a comprehensive restaurant management solution that is easy to use. The platform also has an acute focus on user experience, which helps keep staff and managers satisfied throughout their shifts. At present, the system has the capability to help you scale from one location to multiple units.
You can quickly build menus, process orders, automate data retention, manage staff, and more. As with many modern-day point-of-sale systems, the software offers much more than front-facing sales features. You can also manage the backend of your restaurant business from one location to multiple units.
Let’s dig a little deeper!
Pros vs Cons
- Extremely intuitive system
- AI-Driven text to order
- Cloud-based platform
- Robust in-house hardware options
- Industry-specific tools
- 24/7 customer service
- Strong rating with consumer watchdog groups
- Specialized features for different restaurant types
- Encrypted payment features
- Solid loyalty & rewards program
- Online ordering capabilities
- No upfront costs and a predictable monthly fee
- Pricing information is not publicly available (see response below)
- Not suitable for larger restaurants (see response below)
- Not suitable for chains that have more than 20 locations (see response below)
A representative with HungerRush responded to our list of Cons. While the pricing information isn’t publicly available, we’re told there are no upfront costs and a predictable monthly fee. While we prefer to see pricing available for the software fees online, it’s not uncommon in the industry. However, it’s good to know there are no upfront costs associated with Revention.
In response to the product not being suitable for larger restaurants and chains, we were told that they could offer robust enterprise reporting and management integration with multi-unit stores in mind. An example was provided, Hungry Howies, a pizza chain with over 500 locations, is on Revention/HungerRush.
The same goes for more than 20+ locations; Revention’s rewards program, for instance, can be interconnected for such occasions. Hungry Howies is another perfect example of a chain with over 500 locations. Thanks to HungerRush for responding and providing this great feedback to set the record straight.
At present, HungerRush does not advertise its pricing details online. If you’d like more information about this company’s pricing structure, you have to ask for a free quote.
Regarding current costs, a representative responded that there are no upfront costs and predictable monthly fees. We’d still prefer to see pricing online so users can get an idea of the fees involved.
Compare prices fast, find the best deals as of June, 2023
If you’re wondering how a particular point of sale system can improve your current capabilities, it’s essential to understand its core features. Below, we’ll take a look at what you can expect if you use HungerRush in your business:
- Fast and efficient order entry, including customizable icon graphics and unlimited menu size
- Complete kitchen management for order tracking, priority sequencing, and custom orders
- Configurable table management allows defined assignments and customized areas
- Build personal relationships with your customers through the built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and marketing analysis interface
- Customized and automated reporting to measure business health and provide actionable data as you need it
- Employee scheduling and shift alignment with management oversight
- The easy-to-use menu editor is accessible from any workstation with proper security
- Multiple pricing options including second and third item pricing, time/day pricing, and price by order type
- Menu edits update automatically and instantly without rebooting
- Software developed by HungerRush is supported in-house with a dedicated 24/7 US-based support team
- Planned updates and regular releases for new features and add-ons
- Full compatibility with HungerRush online ordering and loyalty service
- Configurable ticket display — size and color of font
- Priority order type configuration to expedite walk-in orders
- Robust settings display previous or additional items
- Color-coded order timer to alert staff when orders are late
- Order stages configured to accommodate KDS with print functionality
- One-touch, real-time driver statistics
- Color-coded order timers to prevent late deliveries
- Manage multiple delivery zones
- Delivery reminders by item to ensure order accuracy
- Integrated Caller ID Management including real-time order statistics
- Integrated mapping using Google Maps data with turn by turn directions
- Integrated with On-Demand Delivery services, DoorDash
HungerRush allows you to keep track of the most critical elements of your business. Managers and owners can track sales, view inventory, and generate useful reports. You can see inventory changes in real-time. The reporting features make it easy to explore KPIs and analyze costing issues within your business.
You can also track discounts and other promotions to prevent fraud in your workplace – this is an excellent tool if you’re providing discount permissions to junior staff members. Modern POS systems like HungerRush allow you to keep your finger on the pulse of your restaurant. You can access your reporting data from anywhere in the world.
HungerRush is a cloud-based system — this is the standard format for most modern point of sale platforms. So, what does this mean? While you still need hardware to operate this system, all of your reporting data will be stored in the cloud – this means that you won’t have to worry about losing critical information if your hardware is damaged or stolen.
Also, this means that your HungerRush software is always up to date and you can keep track and customize the backend of your platform in real-time. You can also synchronize multiple terminals or locations – this is undoubtedly the gold standard for point of sale system classifications.
Unlike most cloud-based systems we see in the industry, the product allows you to process orders offline; this means you’ll never have to lose out on revenue if your internet crashes.
As discussed, the software is designed specifically for the restaurant industry. You won’t be able to use this platform effectively if you’re a retail company. This service focuses on a wide range of restaurant niches — there are specific restaurant management software tools for different restaurant types.
What type of business is the product best suited for? At present, the company offers configurations for:
- Pizza Shops
- Delivery Restaurants
- Quick-Service Restaurants
- Fast-Casual Restaurants
- Full-service Restaurants
While HungerRush point of sale claims to be scalable to any size, this is a platform that is best suited to small and mid-sized restaurants. Due to the cloud-based nature of the platform, it’s popular with medium-sized chains. If you’re running a large restaurant chain, you’ll be happy to know they have the expertise to work with many large enterprise customers like Hungry Howies with over 500 locations.
Ease of Use
One of its primary advantages is its ease of use. If you’re looking for software that can help you hit the ground running, HungerRush is a great option to consider. You can import product graphics to help your staff members quickly navigate the menu and software interface.
You’ll also benefit from direct links to your kitchen and floorplan; this allows your staff to control every component of your business from a central location. You can link the system directly to the online ordering platform to prevent double-ordering and other operational issues.
They offer their own in-house hardware solutions, and we’re told they now can support iOS and Android tablets. They also offer a wide range of tablets, workstations, and other traditional touchscreen hardware products to their clients.
You’ll also benefit from direct access to receipt printers, scanners, drive-thru systems, and other peripheral hardware devices. All of the company’s hardware systems are dependable and serviceable. While you might not have the hardware flexibility you find with other providers, you can purchase durable and dependable hardware built to last in the restaurant business.
While the company doesn’t offer extensive integration options, it does have a wide range of add-ons that help you improve the platform’s functionality.
They do offer some neat features like Online Ordering Designer and Text Ordering you can’t find with many other software systems. Users can benefit from the following add-ons:
- HungerRush Online Ordering Designer — The online ordering platform links your POS system with your online ordering portal to streamline takeaway orders.
- HungerRush Loyalty — This platform allows you to build bespoke loyalty plans for regular visitors to your restaurant.
- HungerRush Reporting and Management Services — This is the reporting platform that gives you access to a full range of KPIs and essential datasets.
- HungerRush Digital Signage – Promote featured items, display more images, and generate curiosity with restaurant digital signage software.
- New DoorDash integration — see Revention and DoorDash Partner for Enhanced Delivery & On-Demand Logistics Services
- New AI-Driven Text Ordering – see HungerRush Launches AI-Driven Text Ordering
Here’s is how HungerRush Text Ordering operates:
They do provide a wide range of gift card integrations. You can use the following gift card platforms with this system:
- Mercury Gift
- Core Cashless
The credit card processor you use to facilitate payments will play a massive role in your restaurant’s profitability. If you use a provider with extortionate rates, it can cut into your bottom line. At HungerRush, you have a choice between two primary providers: Worldpay and First Data.
While the POS doesn’t offer a tremendous amount of flexibility with processors, it does allow you to avoid getting stuck to a single provider. You can also provide access to Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay, and EMV chips.
HungerRush’s payment system benefits from point-to-point encryption (P2PE). This advanced security feature significantly reduces PCI compliance requirements, saving each customer money every year. The increased data security and reduced PCI compliance requirements are achieved by removing all credit card data from the point of sale by using a Hosted Gateway Service.
Core Benefits of P2PE System
- Removing the point of sale from the scope of PCI Compliance
- Allows the merchant to qualify for the SAQ C – PCI-DSS Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- P2PE – Point to point encryption
- NFC Processing – including Apple Pay and Google Wallet
- Supports PIN/Debit*
- Chip card processing available*
Fortunately, you can get in touch with their customer care team any time of day. Its 24/7 support team is always ready to help clients with technical issues with software or hardware issues – this is a critical feature if you run a late-night pizza shop, restaurant, or bar that operates outside of regular hours.
It’s also essential to research a provider’s reputation in the industry. You need to make sure that you’re working with a company that keeps its customers happy. I took a look at some of the leading consumer watchdog groups to see what they had to say about HungerRush/Revention as a company.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given Revention POS an A+, the highest rating. An A+ is a pretty good indicator of reliable performance and support. Regardless, there are always unsatisfied customers. It’s essential to identify any persistent issues associated with a particular POS company by checking past users’ reviews.
We took a closer look at some negative reviews of Revention we found from past customers. Below are some common issues we found:
- Lack of Response — It appears that some previous clients have had issues with the customer care department. While the overall sentiment towards customer service seems positive, some customers complain of long waiting periods to resolve critical problems.
- Software glitches – While there are not many reviews online, there are some reports of glitches with the software and the online ordering service.
- Fees of Changing Credit Card Processors — It seems there may be a fee for updating or changing your credit card processor. It may be worth clarifying this issue before you make any financial commitments.
Still, it’s important to note that Revention has zero unresolved complaints on its BBB profile. Compared to most industry providers, this platform has a fraction of the consumer-related issues that we usually find. If you’re looking to work with a solid, reputable company, this is certainly a top option.
Now that you’ve read our review of HungerRush POS, you should have everything you need to know to make an informed decision whether you are a seasoned professional or opening a new restaurant.
HungerRush is undoubtedly one of the top performers in the hospitality industry, especially in the pizza shop space. This cloud-based system helps you track sales, manage online orders, quickly perform transactions, manage inventory, create table layouts, track deliveries, and more.
Above all else, this system is extremely easy to use, and the new Hungerrush POS design gives it a modern look. The interface is exceptionally intuitive and easy to navigate — you’ll be able to train new staff in no time. HungerRush’s add-ons provide users with tools to build online ordering portals and loyalty programs. You’ll also benefit from end-to-end encryption on your payment gateways, which can reduce compliance costs.
The bottom line, if you’re looking for an older, more established, and “traditional” POS solution with excellent restaurant management features, take Hungerrush for a test drive. My main concern is the lack of transparency with pricing on their website, but it’s not uncommon in the industry. There are a few reports online about software glitches and customer service issues, but overall the online sentiment for HungerRush is very positive.
If you’d like to find out more about this unique point of sale platform, you can contact their sales team for more information and a demo. I’d recommend comparing POS systems before making a buying decision.
Before you decide, compare 2023‘s best POS systems fast & save
Specification: HungerRush POS
HungerRush is the best pos I’ve used.